Sunday, June 7, 2009

Well it has been two weeks since I last updated my blog. So here goes, hope I can remember what has happened since then to now. We got home from our trip to the Oregon Coast and had to go back to work on Tuesday. I had kind of a reprieve from work since Karen asked me to cook lunch for the executive staff meeting on Thursday. They had Marinated pork tenderloin medallions, baby red potatoes, baby carrots, salad with blue cheese on and an Italian dressing, Shirley's rolls with butter, and Peach cobbler with whipped cream on it. Sound scrumptous! It was!

Thursday and Friday I made a quick trip to Southeastern Utah and to Southwestern Utah all on the same day. I left Thursday morning at 5 AM drove to Price had breakfast then added a computer program to the Price Local Health Departments computer so they could do their sanitary surveys for this year. I did the same thing later that day in Moab, then in Blanding. I had lunch in Blanding. I then drove from Blanding to St. George (@600 miles)all this on two lane highway except for 20 miles of I-70. I had dinner in Kanab at 8:30 PM. I arrived in St. George Thursday night at 10:30 PM. I then met people in St. George, Cedar City and Panguitch and added the new programs to the Sothwestern Local Health Departments computers and then travel back to Mapleton.

Monday was a day in the office, so not much happened there.

On Tuesday June 2, 2009 I did a site visit to Peoa Pipeline Water Company who had some bacterial problems and roots in their spring and how they can get rid of them. I got permission from my old work and borrowed some equipment to help them de-root their spring collection lines. This will happen on Saturday June 13, 2009.

On Wednesday I went to the Huntsville area to do two more site visits. One for a Mt. Ogden Stake camp with bacterial problems and another one to give them some ideas on getting points off of their IPS Report. I did not get home until 10:30 PM that night.

On Thursday June 4 I cooked a meal for our bi-mnthly AWWA Small Systems Committee meeting and had the same thing that I cooked for Karen's executive staff. I decided that since I was cooking one meal for the AWWA folks it would not be to much trouble to cook one more pot for the DDW staff so I cooked an extra meal.

Friday and Saturday I went to Mayfield and helped my mother with odd jobs around her little farm. Building a new fence on the north side of Crofts porperty, pruning trees and hauling to the dump, washing windows, yes I will do this for my mother. Cleaning the rain gutters and making sure they will drain, fixed a chemical sprayer, repaired and moved sprinkler pipe, and a number of other miscellaneous jobs that needed to be done.

I can truthfully say I am glad tomorrow is Sunday I sure need a day of rest.

It is Sunday and we are waiting for our call from Kyle and Rachael. We need to find out when Rachael and the kids are coming up to Utah for a short 3 weeks visit. I am planning on picking them up and taking them down to Mapleton. He brother is leaving on his mission the end of June, so she is coming up for this and a couple of reunions.

That is about it. I did not take time to take pictures, except pictures of water systems which are boring to some but quite exciting to me. I did see a yearling Moose calf up in the Huntsville area but could not get my camera out in time to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment